|Job Title:||Switchboard Operator, Information Services - BILINGUAL |
|Salary:||$20.68 to/à $25.41|
- Answer incoming calls and redirect to the appropriate person, department, or clinic.
- Provide general information to external callers concerning the hospital services.
- Direct and inform visitors to the appropriate clinics and hospital areas, and patient location
- Assume custodial responsibility for packages and miscellaneous items delivered to the switchboard
- Locate physicians and other personnel by pagers, cellular phones or various telephone calls.
- Provide overhead paging of codes, emergencies, rounds and miscellaneous announcements.
- Answer emergency phone and follow procedures in the event of alarms, codes, and stat calls.
- Monitor the various alarm systems and notification panels and advise appropriate parties.
- Respond to distress alarms (i.e. elevators)
- Reset voice mail passwords
- Maintain various databases in support of staff directories, phone/pager numbers, name display.
- Update on-call lists with respect to changes in coverage.
- Prepare incoming mail for the Finance Department.
- Provide pocket pagers, servicing and administration.
- Provide on-call coverage and carry pager
- Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
- Secondary school graduate (Essential)
- Strong customer service orientation with good interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail (Essential)
- Comprehensively use software including databases (Essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask (Essential)
- Bilingual (English/French) (Essential)
- Work with minimal supervision, dependable and responsible (Essential)
- Knowledge of hospital resources (Essential)
- Knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite) (Essential)
- Knowledge of Speech Attendant, Meridian Mail (Preferred)
* Please note you will be represented by the Ontario Federation Healthcare Workers – Laborers International Union of North America , (OFHCW-LiUNA).
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Bilingualism (French/English) will be validated by a language proficiency assessment conducted by a third party provider. Candidates will be required to meet the minimum linguistic profile prior to the date of hire.