Information For Families
The Ottawa Children's Treatment Centre (OCTC) works in partnership with a diverse range of organizations to provide programs and services to families across Eastern Ontario who have children with a physical or developmental disability and associated behaviour needs.
OCTC offers a variety of opportunities for children and youth and their parents to access support, learn new skills, build confidence, make lasting friendships, and participate more actively in the community.
We invite you to explore this website for areas of particular interest to families, such as:
- Looking Ahead - Find information about the Transitions From Infancy to Adulthood!
- Programs & Services – explore how we can help your family, and how to access our services
- Upcoming Events – find out what's going on, including Special Activities & Playgroups
- Media & Publications – review results of our Annual Performance Report and surveys
- What Our Staff Say – discover why OCTC's exceptional staff love what they do
- Client Rights & Responsibilities – see what to expect from your experience with OCTC
- Cancellation Guidelines – understand when and how to cancel an appointment
- Lending Library – borrow adapted toys, books, DVDs, and assistive communication devices
- Transition Services – learn how OCTC can help your family navigate challenging transitions in your child's life
- Feedback – tell us how we're doing and look at what clients have shared about OCTC
- Our Foundation – participate in fun events to raise funds for new equipment and programs to benefit families like you
- Volunteering – become involved by volunteering your skills, time and expertise
- Connections newsletter – read about our latest news and activities
- Links & Resources – access direct web links to useful organizations and resources
- Group Stepping Stones at OCTC - an intervention program for families of children with special needs who currently have or are at risk of developing behaviour problems.
For more information about OCTC's programs and services for families, please call Intake Services:
- 613-737-0871, ext. 4425
Want to Talk? Need Help Now?